- February 29, 2020
- Posted by: admin
There’s a great deal to consider when choosing to venture out from home and move to another nation to contemplate. To make things simpler here’s a rundown of things to peruse before making the move.
Facts about Australia
Facts about studying in Australia
Studying in Australia is a fantastic way to further your education and boost your career prospects.
- Australia is the third most popular international student destination in the world.We may be a little nation of 24.5 million individuals yet we’re world pioneers in instruction. Australia is before long expected to assume control over the UK as the world’s second most mainstream study goal, simply behind the US, as per the University College of London’s Center for Global Higher Education.
- Australia is currently home to nearly 700,000 international students.That is a 11% expansion in worldwide understudy numbers from 2017. Our great instruction, simple access to understudy bolster administrations, multicultural society and incredible way of life make Australia an alluring examination goal.
- We have six of the world’s top 100 universities.Our instruction organizations might be moderately youthful contrasted and colleges, for example, the UK’s Oxford or the US’s Harvard yet they are up there with the best. The University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales and Monash University were totally positioned in the main 100 colleges in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.
- We have one of the best higher education systems in the world.Australia has an extraordinary advanced education framework. With more than 22,000 courses across 1,100 foundations, our framework is positioned eighth in the Universitas 2019 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems, higher than France, Germany, Norway and Japan.
- An emphasis on student experience and graduate outcomes.Universal understudies report practically 90% fulfillment scores for their living and study involvement with Australia as per the 2018 Department of Education International Student Survey.
- Seven of the best student cities in the world are in Australia.We definitely realized our urban areas were extraordinary spots to live and contemplate however now it’s legitimate! As per QS Best Student Cities 2019, practically the entirety of our significant urban areas – Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and the Gold Coast – are on the planet’s best 100 understudy urban communities.
- The Australian Government has invested over A$300 million in scholarships for international students.Australia offered over 3,000 Australia Awards scholarships and short courses to students from over 55 countries in 2019. You could be eligible for one in 2020.
- Our universities rank in the world’s top 50 in a huge range of study areas.Australia provides world-leading education in many study areas. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 rated our institutions highly in the following fields:
- Arts & Humanities
- Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health
- Engineering & Technology
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- We have over 2.5 million international alumni making a global difference.In the course of recent years, 2.5 million worldwide understudies have moved on from Australian instructive foundations, as per the International Education Association of Australia. These alumni are presently part of a worldwide graduated class arrange that is having an effect far and wide.
- Our universities have produced 15 Nobel laureates.From the 1945 prize for the disclosure of penicillin to the latest prize in 2017 for the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Australian alumni are high achievers. Will you be Australia’s next Nobel laureate?
Reasons to study in Australia
Reasons to study in Australia
Australia is known for its diverse and welcoming people – there are so many reasons to consider studying in Australia.
- Discover how to be an innovative, agile thinkerAustralian colleges, universities and schools are focused on furnishing you with down to earth aptitudes and information to assist you with prevailing in your picked industry. As worldwide interest blasts for pioneering and inventive masterminds, Australian training suppliers have re-built their ways to deal with instructing and figuring out how to rouse thought-driving imagination among understudies in each control.Australian colleges, universities and schools will show you the commonsense abilities and hypothetical information to assist you with prevailing in a quick changing world and stay dexterous in questionable occasions.
- Study at globally ranked institutions
Australia is setting worldwide norms for greatness in training.The Australian instruction area includes world-driving training organizations, premium preparing offices, and extraordinary speakers and understudy bolster administrations.
In case you’re searching for unprejudiced evidence that Australian colleges genuinely are world-class, take a gander at free worldwide rankings, for example, Times Higher Education, QS and Shanghai Rankings. These associations reliably rank Australian establishments on the planet’s main 100 colleges a seemingly endless amount of time after year.
- Gain work experience while you study
Australian organizations give instruction intended to assist you with prevailing in the worldwide workforce. An Australian capability will make you appealing to potential bosses in Australia, at home and around the globe.Numerous Australian degrees and professional courses incorporate work experience projects and temporary jobs so you can pick up hands-on industry encounter and develop your expert system while you study. When you complete your degree, you may likewise be qualified to remain and work in Australia.
While contemplating, you can work as long as 20 hours out of each week during the semester and full-time during the semester break. This can be an extraordinary method to discover study-related work or basically pay for your way of life in Australia.
- Access extensive student support servicesAustralian establishments offer a tremendous scope of understudy bolster administrations to assist you with sinking into your new life in Australia. Training suppliers must conform to exacting quality control and government accreditation gauges so you can be guaranteed you will get simply the best assistance. In a few urban communities and towns, there are committed global understudy bolster focuses, each offering reasonable exhortation and backing on issues like lawful rights, work abilities and chances to meet and associate with other neighborhood and universal understudies.Australia’s Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS ACT) system implements by law the best-practice security for the privileges of universal understudies concentrating in Australia.
- Live and study in safetyAustralian cities have some of the lowest crime rates in the world, and our streets and public spaces are open and safe. There are many options for accommodation: you can live in purpose-built student villages, homestays, private rentals, share-houses or boarding school accommodation.
- Feel welcome in a multicultural society
Australia is an inviting and inviting nation. Our country esteems singular opportunities, and the privileges of residents and guests are ensured under a straightforward legitimate framework.We are likewise a multicultural society with deference for others regardless of what their identity is or where they originate from. Did you know practically 30% of Australians are brought into the world abroad? This has made our nation rich with nationalities and societies from everywhere throughout the world.At the point when you study in Australia, you will join the greater part a million global understudies from 192 nations who have been invited into Australian life.
- Make the most of Australia’s great outdoors
With a novel blend of flourishing urban communities and provincial focuses, huge open spaces and staggering scenes, it’s no big surprise Australia draws in individuals from everywhere throughout the world.The main thing you will see when you land in Australia is our outside air and blue skies. We have a long history of securing the magnificence and manageability of our condition. The outcome? Perfect and manageable urban communities and local focuses with a lot of green spaces and moderately low air contamination.Our assorted common habitat offers a scope of encounters – you can unwind on our brilliant sea shores, adventure into our national parks to see our exceptional plants and creatures, and investigate the untamed outback.
Australian foundations additionally place extraordinary significance on showing understudies the estimation of maintainability and how to apply it in every aspect of industry.
- Enjoy a high standard of living
Australian urban communities are reliably positioned as the absolute generally liveable on the planet. Our nature of instruction, social insurance, transport, foundation and taxpayer supported organizations are appraised well above global midpoints.Australia is an innovatively propelled nation with a solid, all inclusive serious economy. You will appreciate all the advantages of top notch administrations, transportation and foundation in our towns and urban communities.
- Employment opportunities
Our educational institutions make students work-ready and understand what it takes to succeed in the global workforce. An Australian qualification will make you a very attractive potential employee to employers in Australia, at home and around the world.
Bringing your children
Bringing your children?
To bring school aged children with you when you study in Australia, you will need to arrange for them to attend school.
The necessities for enlisting understudies and school charges differ across Australian states and regions, and across schools. Following is an outline of the expense courses of action for government funded schools in every one of Australia’s states and regions, alongside connections to the important sites for progressively itemized data.
Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
From 1 January 2016, the offspring of Higher Degree by Research (Masters and Doctoral) universal understudies concentrating in Canberra are qualified to have their charges postponed in ACT Government schools, and holders of some other brief visas are additionally qualified to apply for a fee‐waiver for school matured dependants. It would be ideal if you see the ACT Government Education and Training Directorate site for full subtleties on school expenses, including qualification and application criteria.
New South Wales (NSW)
Schools expenses apply to most dependants of impermanent inhabitants in New South Wales. There are a few special cases, for additional data visit the DEC International site.
Northern Territory (NT)
Dependants of Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training understudies are treated as global understudies and pay full charges. The main special cases are dependants of Australian Aid understudies and some PhD home nation grant understudies as concurred with Charles Darwin University. Additional data can be found at the NT Department of Education site.
The Department of Education, Training and Employment offers charge exclusions for qualified dependant understudies of transitory visa holders whose guardians are concentrating in Queensland tertiary foundations. This strategy is accessible on the Education Queensland International site and it sets out the necessities for imposing qualification for expense exclusions for dependants of impermanent visa holders.
South Australia (SA)
Dependants of worldwide tertiary understudies concentrating an honor course in a South Australian college or tertiary foundation can be taken a crack at a South Australian government school. Additional data can be found on the South Australian Government Schools site.
The South Australian Government gives a charge waiver to dependants of Higher Degree by Research understudies learning at South Australian Universities who meet the vital criteria.
Education costs are the equivalent for all Victorian Government schools. There are limits for understudies who have a parent learning at a Victorian tertiary foundation. More subtleties can be found at on the Victorian Government Schools site.
Most reliant understudies are required to pay education costs to go to a Tasmanian Government School. For full data please visit the Tasmanian Goverment Department of Education site,
Western Australia (WA)
In Western Australia offspring of universal higher qualification understudies can get to sponsored tutoring in government schools. Qualified kids can get to government tutoring at a similar expense levels applied to neighborhood understudies.
What is the cost of living?
Education and living costs in Australia
Knowing the average cost of living and studying in Australia is an important part of your application and financial preparation.
Students should be aware that the costs of studying in Australia will depend on your education provider, the level of study you choose and your study location in Australia.
Knowing the average living costs in Australia is an important part of your financial preparation. For your reference, here are some of the costs associated with living and studying in Australia (all costs are in Australian dollars).
The costs below are an approximate guide only and don’t take into account your budget and spending habits.
- Hostels and Guesthouses – $90 to $150 per week
- Shared Rental – $95 to $215 per week
- On campus – $110 to $280 per week
- Homestay – $235 to $325 per week
- Rental – $185 to $440 per week
- Boarding schools – $11,000 to $22,000 a year
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating out – $140 to $280 per week
- Gas, electricity – $10 to $20 per week
- Phone and Internet – $15 to $30 per week
- Public transport – $30 to $60 per week
- Car (after purchase) – $150 to $260 per week
- Entertainment – $80 to $150 per week
Cost of living
The Department of Home Affairs has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia.
Refer to the step by step Student Visa Subclass 500 application and Document Checklist Tool for details on how to provide the evidence required to cover the costs of your stay, including your travel, study and living expenses.
As of October 2019 the 12-month living costs are;
- For students or guardians – AUD$21,041
- For partners coming with you – AUD$7,362
- For a child coming with you – AUD$3,152
The Home Affairs website covers in more detail how to work out how much money you might need to cover the costs of your stay in Australia as international student.
The Insider Guides ‘Cost of Living Calculator’ is also a useful, practical tool to help estimate your cost of living in Australia www.insiderguides.com.au/cost-of-living-calculator/.
Course and study costs in Australia will depend on the education provider and level of study you choose.
Use the Course Search on this website to find courses and see details such as their tuition fees. There may be additional costs for your course, including course materials and access to institution facilities.
Students should refer to their provider’s payment conditions for specific advice.
The list below gives you a broad indication of the range of course costs (yearly) for different types of qualifications.
- School – $7,800 to $30,000
- English language studies – Around $300 per week depending on course length
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $20,000 to $45,000*
- Postgraduate Masters Degree – $22,000 to $50,000*
- Doctoral Degree – $18,000 to $42,000*
Explore study options
Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,100 institutions and over 22,000 courses tailored for you.
You can learn at all degrees of instruction from essential and optional school, to professional training and preparing (VET), from English language courses to advanced education (counting colleges).
Despite what you are considering or to what extent you are reading for, Australia’s laws advance quality training and assurance for universal understudies.
The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (National Code) give broadly steady models to suppliers of instruction and preparing for universal understudies.
As a universal understudy on an understudy visa, you should examine with an organization and in a course that is enrolled on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS enrollment ensures that the course and the organization at which you study satisfy the high guidelines expected by worldwide understudies. You can look for courses and organizations here on the Study in Australia site.
Alongside the ESOS Act and National Code, there are likewise administrative and quality affirmation associations for advanced education and VET organizations. These administration associations are liable for enlistment/re-enrollment of organizations and accreditation/re-accreditation of courses. These associations are:
- Advanced education – Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- VET – Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
So regardless of the sort obviously you need to contemplate, to what extent you need to read for or where you need to consider, you can be guaranteed that in Australia you will have a high caliber and compensating study understanding.
How to apply
To study in Australia you’ll need to apply for admission to an institution and a student visa from the Australian Government.
The first step is to apply for the course you want. There are two ways to apply:
1. Direct to the education provider
To apply direct, download the application form from the education provider’s website. If you are applying for courses at more than one institution, you will need to submit a separate application to each institution.
2. Through an Australian education agent
Most institutions partner with a number of agents. Details on the agents an institution works with can be found on their website or by contacting them directly.
You will need to prepare supporting documentation to send with your application. The documents vary depending on the course, provider and qualification you’re studying for. The most important documents include:
- Certificates that verify your previous study, including qualifications you already have.
- Evidence of your English language proficiency.
- Certificates or documents which verify previous study or work experience if you are seeking course credits. These must be translated into English.
Receiving your Letter of Offer
If your application is successful, you will receive a ‘Letter of Offer’. To confirm your offer you must respond to this letter by signing and sending an acceptance of offer back to the institution. This can usually be done by mail or, in some cases, by scanning and emailing the letter. The Letter of Offer is a contract between you and the institution. It sets out the course you will be enrolled in, enrolment conditions, the fees you need to pay, and the refund payable if you don’t complete your course with that provider. This contract is very important – if you don’t start your course, or finish your course, this written agreement will be used to determine if you will receive a refund.
- Read the Letter of Offer carefully before you accept it.
- Make sure that you understand all your rights, including the refund arrangements.
- Do not accept the Letter of Offer if you are not happy with any of its terms.
- Keep a copy of the Letter of Offer. You will need this copy so that you are aware of your rights and if you have to make a claim against the institution.
Confirmation of Enrolment
After you have accepted your Offer and paid your deposit you will receive an ‘Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment’ (eCoE) by email. This will outline your course start date, total course fees and how long your course will run for.
If you are applying for your Student Visa through the Department of Home Affairs online lodgement facility, you will need the details of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment to lodge your visa application. If you are lodging a paper visa application you must provide the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment prior to the visa being granted.
Generally, secondary school exchange students and students sponsored by either Department of Foreign Affairs or the Department of Defence are the only students who will not require a confirmation of enrolment certificate.
You should make sure that you meet requirements for a student visa before you accept an offer and pay any tuition fees.